Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oh a hunting we will go...




1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?

Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.


Nope, no hunters in my family - or in my hubby's family.  I certainly had a rude awakening when I was first teaching in northern Arizona and they closed school for the first day of elk hunting season!  But my hubby has gone deer and turkey hunting with a friend of ours.  I've had venison, duck, and goose.  I LOVE duck - I'll take that any day of the week!  Yummy...

2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?

The Grand Canyon.  Wow.  'Nuff said.

3.  Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.

Yes!  I have three beautiful hummingbirds that chirp and fight over our hummingbird feeders outside, and I have a gorgeous hummingbird figurine that my sweet friend Martha bought me - it hangs in my kitchen window and I think of her every time I see it!  (Miss you, M!)

4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?

Just today, I ran a report for one co-worker (which she ended up not needing), and then later in the day my boss needed the same report, so I simply asked my co-worker for the one I had run earlier... there, killing two birds with one stone... kinda!  Or at least, not killing more trees by printing out multiple identical reports! 

5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?

Bye Bye Blackbird!

6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?

I have no idea.  

7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.

I've got three kiddos, so yep, we're trick-or-treating!  (Although my eldest child-man now prefers to dress up as a scary scarecrow and scare the bejeebees out of the kiddos as they reach for candy)  Our neighborhood always does a potluck dinner in our neighborhood park beforehand - it's a lot of fun, everyone brings veggie trays, fruit, cheese, wine (for the adults, obviously) and it's a fun way to kick off Halloween!  AND, most importantly, my hubby will be here!  yay!  The kiddos and I carved pumpkins last night... ok, that's a lie... they carved... I stayed inside and tried not to gag from the pumpkin guts.  bleh.  

My most memorable costume was when I was in 5th grade, I think, and I was the "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" (we lived in the next town over from Pasadena)  Gray hair, walking stick, etc.  I won first prize!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

OK - first, thank you all for your sweet comments last week regarding my landlords putting our house on the market.  Sigh.  Unfortunately, we are NOT moving to St Louis to be with my husband - his job is only a one year contract, and our son is a junior in high school, so we are staying put.  We may just have to find another house to rent if this one sells quickly.  One thing at a time.  In the meantime, my dear sweet angel of a friend, Sandi, is helping me organize, cleaning out my garage, and replanting all of my pots and such.  And angel in disguise, this one is!  

AND...

So - have you guys seen the preliminary designs for THIS AIRPLANE!!  ACK!  I hyperventilate just thinking about flying in this thing!  What do you all think?  Would you like it?  Want to try it?  No way, Jose'?

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Not the best flyer so not sure I'd do well in that new design. I don't even like the planes, mostly in Asia I think, where we get to see our own selves landing. So glad your hubs will be home for the weekend festivities. Have fun!

Erika Mehlhaff said...

Ok, I hafta tell you: that airplane almost made me curse!! Combine with my motion sickness? Heck NO!

I feel better now.

Yay for Hubby home on Halloween! And I love the Grand Canyon, too--I hope our family can go together to see it eventually, as I am the only one to have visited (and as a young child)! And I agree: duck is delish!

Love you...hug 'em all...

E

Elizabeth "Libby" Day said...

No, I think I may make a point of skipping flights on that plane. So hoping you will be able to stay in your house long enough for you to find something else suitable.

Zoanna said...

I'm SO excited you'll have hubby home this weekend!!! Yay!!!! Your neighborhood potluck sounds like so much fun.

That plane__no way on earth or in heaven, as the case may be. I love to fly but only if I can see out. Claustrophobia would kill me if the flight itself didn't.

Here's to wine and hubbies home for the --ahem--'holiday.'

Susan said...

The plane looks quite amazing, but I think I would prefer to see out. Of course, the main thing is getting to where you're going. Lol. Sounds like you are getting things organized with the help of your sweet friend. Praying that all works out well… and enjoy having the hubby home!

Cranberry Morning said...

I like your bird song choice! Didn't think of that one. And no, I will never get into a 'windowless' plane. I like to pretend I'm in a crowded living room. Don't need to be reminded that I'm defying gravity and cheating death at all times.

Unknown said...

Oh man! I couldn't even step foot into something like that plane. I have the biggest fear of falling. Tower of Terror freaked me out for days. That plane is nutso!

And I've never tried duck. Venison is good. So is buffalo burgers! Hope you all have a great week!