1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
Bar none, it was the weekend we spent up at the family beach house at the beginning of this month. Rest, long walks, family games, ice cream on the pier, dolphins and seals frolicking in the waves... perfection!
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
I really do have to say that my current job is my favorite - the staff I work with are fantastic, the work is rewarding, and the hours work well with my kids school schedules! The job I liked the least would definitely be my second time around at Brookstone back when I was in high school - they had changed managers, and the new one was a piece of work, let me tell you!
3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When doyou think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
School starts for my kiddos after Labor Day - quite honestly, I think they were ready to go back a couple of weeks ago. When my husband and I taught in a year-round school, we had a 6 week summer vacation, which was perfect. And yes, I don't think that high school students should start school until at least 9:00. Studies have shown that adolescents aren't productive until mid morning - it's in their biological makeup.
4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
We had a staff retreat today that I was in charge of. Certainly a labor of love... and a lot of fun!
5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
Definitely "A woman's work is never done'! Now that all three kids are back home (camp was last week), the reality of doing all of the errands, cooking, and cleaning with my hubby away has hit... this will be an interesting year!
6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
Ooh, yes - either! I love them both! I love lobster just gently cooked, not tough, and with melted butter and spices. Crab - steamed in the shell, so I can use my shell cracker tools to break apart the shell and pull out the yummy goodness inside! yummmmm....
7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
"From discord find harmony" - I love that. To cut through the emotions and realize that, deep down, you have the same goals, really.
Amen and Hallelujah.
A huge praise - yesterday, after 18 months of waiting, my hubby FINALLY got the approval from the IRS for his business to have non-profit status! Yay! With so many steps forward and so many steps back, this whole endeavor has been nothing less than a trial, that's for sure. And I am so grateful that hubs has this year contract job with Boeing to help us ride the wave over the next year.

3 comments:
That's such awesome news about your husband...I knew God would come through!
That is great news!!
I agree with start times, high schools start way too early. I could never fully awaken til about 8:00 or 8:30.
Fantastic news about your business status! Congratulations! I hope this year sails on smoothly, and before you know it you'll all be back in the same geography.
Post a Comment