Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Like, totally hodgepodge time!



1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's  Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it?  Do you like to bowl? Are you any good? 

Nope, definitely not where I thought this question was going!  Good one, Joyce!  Um, I think the last time I bowled was over a year ago in Mountain Home, Idaho... I don't remember the date exactly, but the base there had a decent bowling alley with a restaurant attached.  


2.   Should sports stars be role models? 

Only if they are worthy of admiration for more than their athletic ability.  One can be a fantastic athlete, but if their personal life is a disaster, or the way they talk is foul, then I lose all respect for them.  My kids and I talk often about this - what makes one worthy of admiration.


3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?

I do like oatmeal - but the real stuff, not the packaged things my kids prefer!  I don't have it very often, but I did have it at our hotel this past weekend - it was yummy!  I like it with raisins and brown sugar!


4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?

I'm not sure which book yet, but I just heard an interview with Doris Kearns Goodwin, and I'm interested in reading her historical biographies.


5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?

Exercise more, take care of yourself. Take more time to enjoy your kids, for they will be gone soon.  Invest time in what you love... writing, Bible study, working with children, your family.  These are moments you can't take for granted.


6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?

"While You Were Sleeping" - love that movie... every. single. time.


7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
 THESE


and 

Anything from THIS page!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.


Thanks everyone for your prayers last week!  After two work-until-3am-shifts, a day driving the LA freeways, and then getting up to drive 15 hours to Colorado, then back a few days later... it was a rough week!  But so good... oh yes, so good... and so worth it.  We were going to the wedding of my best friend's husband... she passed away 4 1/2 years ago, and while I'll admit I got teary-eyed more than once, it was truly a wonderful weekend and amazing ceremony.  Very touching.  Very honoring to my friend, without taking the attention away from the bride and groom.  Such a God thing.  God is SO good.  All the time.  Don't ever doubt it.  :-)







7 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh I"m so happy for your friend, and glad the weekend went well!

I had quite a few dresses with shoulder pads in them, back in the 80s. I think my shoulders were smaller then too though...can't imagine wearing something like that now : )

April said...

Sounds like a fun and memorable weekend! Shoulder pads always made me feel like a linebacker...wasn't a good look! Love what you wrote about your future self. Something I think we all need to keep in mind.

Mary said...

Why did anybody think shoulder pads were a good thing???

retired not tired said...

So glad shoulder pads are out. My shoulders are padded enough without any extra help.

Erika Mehlhaff said...

<3 So glad your whirlwind of a week ended with a celebration of love, and a safe drive home! Miss you and love you...unlike the fashion trends you posted!! Ick.

Love,
E

Theresa said...

Ha, ha- I forgot about stirrup pants and Members Only jackets. One of the bowling alleys we go to actually used to have the best burgers and onion rings. Now I'm craving them ;)

Nikki said...

Talk about a hot mess of fashion trends! I was too young to remember the 80's but i remember the crazy hair and bright colors. wow O_o