Oh how I missed doing this Hodgepodge last week! But it was definitely a perfect storm of events that kept me from posting - my hubs and I were in CA on our massive "lets find a house to move into in a month" extraveganza, my parents and 95-year-old grandmother came down to have dinner with us, and then our computer cord died, leaving us without computer for me to post! So yep... no Hodgepodge last week... but I'm back this week! Exhausted, fighting a cold, all that fun stuff... but I"m here! Let's HODGEPODGE!
1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
No matter where we are spending Christmas, the kids are ALWAYS up way before us and they know that they can open their stockings first thing. It's usually a lot of fun, listening to their giggles and excitement about their stockings. However - Last year our daughter decided to wake us all up at 3 am to go through her stockings. And let me just say... it's REALLY hard to get into the Christmas spirit at 3 am. Expecially when we have two church services the next day that I'm performing in. And it's REALLY a good thing that she's so darn cute so I didn't kick her tiny behind to the moon and back because I'm REALLY grumpy at that time of night if you're not throwing up or bleeding excessively. And she'd REALLY better not pull that stunt again this year. Because we will have just packed up our entire house and will be stopping in Utah for Christmas with the in-laws and I'm really really really going to need my sleep. I'm just sayin. Ahem.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
here.Hahaha - well, obviously by my response above you can tell that I dearly need my sleep. At least 7 hours - 8 is better. Any less than 6 and I pay for it dearly in health and attitude and mental clarity.
See this comic to see what I mean.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Packing! Because our movers come in 15 days and there is SO much to do in between now and then!
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I do, only in what the news gives us. I'm not like a cyber-stalker or anything. But my aunt loves everything to do with the Royal family, and so I kind of got interested through her.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
Pure laughter! Nothing better than baby/toddler/kid belly laughs and giggles!!
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
Fruit cake is ok if I have a good cup of coffee to go with it. It's not really something I crave, though, if you know what I mean. My favorite dessert made with fruit is a toss up between a struesel fruit pastry (yum!) or THIS AMAZING apple/caramel/struesel apple pie. Hmmm, maybe it's just all about the struesel for me! Seriously, though, I make this apple pie every Thanksgiving and it is unbelievable!
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Umm, see my answer to #3!
8. Insert your own random thought
So yea! We found a house! We even met the owners, who were a wonderful couple and spoke very highly of the neighborhood, the schools, and the community in general. 10 minutes from the beach... gorgeous home... yep, it's going to be good! And after seeing 26 houses in 26 hours, covering 6 different cities... we were ready to be DONE! Exhausting both physically and emotionally. A huge THANK YOU to my amazing mother-in-law who stayed with the kidlettes while we traveled, and to my cousin who was our patient realtor through the madness!
Now, off to pack some more boxes...
1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
No matter where we are spending Christmas, the kids are ALWAYS up way before us and they know that they can open their stockings first thing. It's usually a lot of fun, listening to their giggles and excitement about their stockings. However - Last year our daughter decided to wake us all up at 3 am to go through her stockings. And let me just say... it's REALLY hard to get into the Christmas spirit at 3 am. Expecially when we have two church services the next day that I'm performing in. And it's REALLY a good thing that she's so darn cute so I didn't kick her tiny behind to the moon and back because I'm REALLY grumpy at that time of night if you're not throwing up or bleeding excessively. And she'd REALLY better not pull that stunt again this year. Because we will have just packed up our entire house and will be stopping in Utah for Christmas with the in-laws and I'm really really really going to need my sleep. I'm just sayin. Ahem.
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
here.Hahaha - well, obviously by my response above you can tell that I dearly need my sleep. At least 7 hours - 8 is better. Any less than 6 and I pay for it dearly in health and attitude and mental clarity.
See this comic to see what I mean.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Packing! Because our movers come in 15 days and there is SO much to do in between now and then!
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I do, only in what the news gives us. I'm not like a cyber-stalker or anything. But my aunt loves everything to do with the Royal family, and so I kind of got interested through her.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
Pure laughter! Nothing better than baby/toddler/kid belly laughs and giggles!!
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
Fruit cake is ok if I have a good cup of coffee to go with it. It's not really something I crave, though, if you know what I mean. My favorite dessert made with fruit is a toss up between a struesel fruit pastry (yum!) or THIS AMAZING apple/caramel/struesel apple pie. Hmmm, maybe it's just all about the struesel for me! Seriously, though, I make this apple pie every Thanksgiving and it is unbelievable!
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Umm, see my answer to #3!
8. Insert your own random thought
So yea! We found a house! We even met the owners, who were a wonderful couple and spoke very highly of the neighborhood, the schools, and the community in general. 10 minutes from the beach... gorgeous home... yep, it's going to be good! And after seeing 26 houses in 26 hours, covering 6 different cities... we were ready to be DONE! Exhausting both physically and emotionally. A huge THANK YOU to my amazing mother-in-law who stayed with the kidlettes while we traveled, and to my cousin who was our patient realtor through the madness!
Now, off to pack some more boxes...
7 comments:
Hope you feel better!! A cold's no fun at all =(
Congrats on finding a house. I'm glad the leap of faith is still going well.
So thrilled you found a house...that's half the battle! Just 10 mins. from the beach...I'd be in heaven!
So glad you found a house! Good luck with the moving. I hope all goes well. :)
Yay! Congrats on the house and good luck with the move!
You know, now you've got me wanting pie. I think pie for breakfast with coffee sounds good...esp. with a friend. I think you should invite friends over to pack for you, while you bake pie for them. I'd be there for sure...even without the pie if you really needed me...well...if I was not here...sigh...
Luck, love, and blessings to you and yours!
Very funny comic !! Yay on finding a house and good luck with all the packing etc. It sounds like it will be well worth it. It is a hard time of year to move so best wishes !!
Post a Comment