Good morning friends! Welcome to this week's rendition of the weekly Hodgepodge!
1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
Yesterday I saw the cutest bunch of quail running across the road - and I know soon there will be tiny babies following behind, and oh, they are SO tiny! So cute, running all in a row behind their mamas... So sweet! Honestly, though, I love any songbirds... squawking flamingos and peacocks and parrots at all hours of the night, notsomuch.
2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
I don't Tweet. Goodness, between Facebook and PInterest, I'm on the computer way too much as it is! But lets see... my week so far...
Up all night last night praying for a friend who's son is missing. Please pray.
3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
Oh, nonononono..... not ok. I absolutely understand employers wanting to know more about their potential employees, and looking on the internet is certainly understandable in this day and age, but to actually ask for your FB password is a complete invasion of privacy - you are definitely entitled to have your own life and beliefs kept to yourself - if you want to volunteer that information it should be your choice.
That being said... just be careful about what you put on your FB page! For pete's sake...
4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
Favorite baseball movie: A League of Their Own
Favorite Sports Movie: Facing the Giants
5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
Yes please - I really like asparagus. But my husband can't stand it. Thus, I have never prepared it. In fact, I got a bunch in my last Bountiful Baskets bunch and I ended up tossing it because I couldn't figure out how to prepare it and then it got all soft. What a waste.
6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)
Helping people - knowing I have something to offer in an emergency and being able to use that. Helping a friend speed clean her house because she has company arriving and the realtor just called to show the house that night. Helping a friend pack to move because they got a new job offer with only 3 weeks notice and her husband had to go out immediately to start the job leaving her to pack the entire house.
7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
If you are talking about juggling tangible objects, like oranges, balls, saws... then nope.
But I DO juggle on a continual basis my husband's flying schedule, his travel schedule, my son's baseball and music schedules, my daughter's volleyball and music lessons schedule, and my younger's school tutoring schedules. happy Juggling!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My thoughts are heavy today... please, friends... pray for my friend Brooke and her family right now. Her adult (age 20) son left a "goodbye" note yesterday and has been missing ever since. They are worried about suicide - he has battled many addictions over the past several years. Please pray for his family, and for him.
9 comments:
Sending good thoughts and prayers to your friend's family. I pray for a good outcome. This is such a very hard time and there are no words to really comfort or make things better. So praying will help.
That just gives me goosebumps to read about your friend's son. So very sorry for what has happened. Hope and pray they find him soon...and that's he's alright.
Asparagus-trim the ends and lay flat in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast at 425 for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parm if you want when you pull it out of the oven. So good!
So very sorry for your friend. I will be praying for her today.
Praying for your friend and her son!
You know I am praying...
As much as I would like to comment on the other things in this post, I just can't...
Please let me know if I can help in any way--even if YOU need me, so you can be with your friend. I've got your kids covered, my Friend...
Love,
E
Sending a prayer out for your friend's son's safe return home, and that he gets help & finds peace.
Can't imagine the turmoil your friend is in right now. prayers offered right now!
I've been praying for your friends son wnce you posted on FB yesterday, and I forwarded it to my MH friends. I hope that he is found safe.
Prayers going out for your friend's son. Hope they find him soon.
Post a Comment