Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top o' the mornin' to ye, Hodgepodgers!

Happy St. Patricks week!  Also, the week of my Dad's birthday (Happy birthday dad!), my friend Jamie's birthday (Happy Birthday Cleopatra!), and when my hubby comes home from his 3 weeks of military training.  He was in Las Vegas.  Where it is warm.  Granted, he was flying crazy hours and sounded exhausted every time I spoke with him.  But still.  He was warm.  I'm not bitter.  Ok, maybe a little.  Lets just say I'm ready for spring!


And, in other news - this is the week I promised, where there is a giveaway of a gorgeous Italian murano necklace of your choice from my friend Lauren's website- the details will be in the "Random Thought" section at the end of the hodgepodge!  


So now, without further ado, and so you all can get to the bottom and enter to win the necklace (no fair scrolling down now!) let's get to the Hodgepodge!


                           ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?

It's not the prettiest thing I own, but it sure is comfy - this green fleece top from Old Navy, and I just happen to have a necklace that matches it perfectly - gold chain with green sheer ribbon and a gold and green pendant... I get compliments every time I wear it, especially when I wear it with this top... I guess they just compliment each other perfectly.


2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live?

Up in Boise there is a beautiful section right in the downtown area that is called the Greenbelt.  Gorgeous - biking and jogging trails, the Boise River where you can raft in the summer, feed the geese, play frisbee golf, playgrounds for the kids... I love that in the middle of the city there is a place that you can get away from the hustle and bustle.  It's one of my many favorite things about Boise.


3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?

I know that I am wonderfully made.  Exactly the way God intended.  (But I'll admit that when I'm trying to find pants that aren't too long, or when I'm trying to reach the top shelf of the cabinets in my kitchen, a few extra inches would be appreciated!  But, that's what they make tailors and step stools for, right?)

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?

#1 -Threaten my kids.  

#2 - Not behave honorably or take responsibility for wrong doing.  For example, to not tell us that the vacation rental I have spent 14 hours driving to isn't ready for us until we arrive, thus costing us an extra $2500 in lodging expenses.  Oh yeah... I'll be all over that.  (And FYI, if you are reading this, Mr Dan Courtney from Little Lodge of La Jolla, you had two courtroom judges tell you to pay me back.  You may have skipped the country trying to hide from your responsibilities, but you were wrong, and you know it.  Live with that on your conscience.)  And if anyone is planning a trip to San Diego, don't do business with him.  

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.)

Favorite - peas!  Yummy!

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?

Esther from the Bible.  Amazing... amazing woman.  You can read her story here.

7. Keep Calm and ____________on.
You fill in the blank.

SHINE!  :-)

and go to Target!  :-)

8. Insert your own random thought here.



This is The Life Well Lived.

A life of unhurried passions, of lingering over cappuccino,
A life of enjoying beauty and making things beautiful,
of opening champagne just because it’s Tuesday,
A life of gathering with friends,
a home filled with warmth, with authenticity, with a story.
A life that is inspired, beautiful and simply enjoyed.

OK, here it is!  My friend Lauren (who I told you about here) is offering one of her beautiful imported Italian necklaces to one of you!  All you need to do is visit her company website, look at the necklaces, and then leave me a comment letting me know which one you would like.  Be sure to give me your email address too, so I can contact you!  This blog will publish on Wednesday morning - I will make a random selection on Thursday morning and will notify you via email if you have one!

HERE is the website link to the Murano necklaces - again, please be sure to let me know which one you would like and how to contact you!  Good luck! 

And thank you to Lauren for offering this to you all!  :-)


18 comments:

DD said...

First off. Thanks to Lauren and Sally for this amazing and fun giveaway. I've had such fun exploring Lauren's store, I am sure my Sister in law will be reieving some gift from there soon.
While I love all three necklaces the Amber Pendant is my favorite.

I can't wait to have your hubby home too, but probably for a different reason. The flying has been insane this time and I am desperate for a little break from the jet noise.

I had something else to say and I've forgotten it. Have a great week.

Kimberly said...

Keep Calm and go to Target - that's a good one. Will check out your giveaway.

Sorry that happened on your vacation! Hope you get paid back.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Kimberly said...

I love the sparkle cross. Such pretty jewelry!

Joyce said...

I like the amber sparkle cross. I love Murano anything. I've been to Murano and we spent half a day trying to decide on a purchase. We bought a big vase that has a lot of color running down the sides. I display it as opposed to using it as a vase-more a piece of art.

Jocelyn said...

LOVE your thought for the day :). And your outfit - the top and the necklace DOES go together perfectly :).

As for the giveaway, I like the kaliedoscope one. So pretty =D. Godsgalnj@gmail.com

Alex said...

You are both pretty awesome ladies in my opinion. If we are talking jewelry I would have to say the amber pendent. Its so pretty!

Susan said...

I love your Target sign. A trip to Target makes the day better!

The jewelry is beautiful. I would choose the amber cross pendant. I think it would be perfect with the dress I'm wearing to my daughter's wedding the end of April.

Vicki Blake said...

Bet you didn't even know I read your blog. But I will come out of the wood work for free stuff. I like the amber pendent. Though it was a very tough to choose. BTW I do read your blog every week. Good stuff. rvhhblake@gmail.com

Tami said...

Sally!! How exciting. I love murano glass. I think the first one the Kaleidoscope is my favorite (I love the colors).
My email is tamistamps@gmail.com

Laura said...

Keep calm and take a nap!
right, not in this house!

ok, sally, i love the amber pendant.

and drew says thanks for the stickers!

laura

lauraput@hotmail.com

Vikki Randall said...

Love you, love your blog. And love Murano glass... my favorite? Probably the kaleidoscope. So pretty! vikkirandall@earthlink.net

Jui said...

Love the green pic in Boise - that looks amazing. If we ever make it up for that visit, I'd love to see it in real life!

Thanks also for the fun giveaway opportunity - I love Murano glass! I'd have to say the murano pendant is my fav.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...how awful that you lost so much money!!! God will get him in the end!!

BTW, I'm digging the amber cross from your friend's site! Please enter me into your drawing (auburnchick@comcast.net).

Lara Meza said...

The amber cross struck me when I checked out the site last week. Still love it.

Oddly, I've been to Murano and didn't come back with any glass. But that was the Venice Trip from [ahem]. But I digress.

I miss Boise. And Sally. Not necessarily in that order. =D

It's Nef :) said...

That's a very pretty green space in Boise :) Me like.

And I didn't pick Esther but I do think she is absolutely AMAZING! I love her and admire her. Great woman in history for sure. :)

Keep calm and go to Target..that is a good one :)

Tami said...

Target! Love that store! So much better than Walmart. I like your choice of Esther. It is a wonderful story.

Jamie French said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out, Giggles!! Miss you, Cleo ;)

Nikki said...

Happy belated to Mr. Lucas ;) Hope they're doing well in their new home.