Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Henrys Hodgepodgyness

Even on the road... the Hodgepodge continues!  :-)

1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a bucket list let's pretend you do.


One thing on my bucket list is to get at least one of my books published... if anyone has any good ideas on how to go about doing that, I'd love your advice!


2. What makes a good dad?


Being there.  In every sense of the word.  Even though my DH is currently deployed, he still manages to check in and be involved in our lives - wanting to hear what the kids are up to in school and with their friends, assisting with decisions regarding sports and school... and when he is home, taking time to play and rough house and be the awesome dad that he is.

3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?


I don't know if they are technically insects, but i can not stand cockroaches.  *Shudder*

4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?


Oh, I love to barbecue!  Fish, chicken, steak (I've got a KILLER steak marinade!), fajitas, veggies, pineapple... it's all good!

5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning?


Playing with all your heart, having fun with the game, doing your best, and being an honorable player... these things are always more important than the end result, score-wise.

6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year?


Yes, I do tan... not as much as when I was younger and silly, but I have this Scandinavian/German/Irish skin that doesn't really tan well... that's ok, more important things in the long run... I do use self tanners every once in a while, and I have thought about getting a professional spray tan before I go to Hawaii next fall... just so I don't look completely pasty white in all of our tropical pictures!

7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would_______________.


Have had to say goodbye to a dear friend all too soon... love you Erika.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


I just took three days to drive from the frozen tundra of Idaho down to the sunny shores of California.  With 3 kids.  In a minivan with 175,000 miles and a brand new windshield (thanks to the Grand Canyon Crack of doom that exploded on my windshield last week... sigh...)  So my own random thoughts are pretty muddled at the moment.  Suffice it to say though, that the kids were GREAT (lets hear it for Family Fun magazine and their travel voucher idea! - for good behavior the kids would receive vouchers for extra treats - get to pick the next movie, a snack at our next gas stop, get to choose where people sat in the car, etc.  Worked like a CHARM!)  So yes, lets hear it for bribery. Whatever works.



3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I don't like Cockroaches either. Nasty little critters. Bribery works, hope you having a great time on your trip. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

Erika Mehlhaff said...

Cockroaches are evil. Family Fun magazine idea is awesome. Thanking God you made it safely to the beach (though I am secretly jealous)! Love you, my friend!!
-Erika

Joyce said...

The vouchers sound clever...glad you're safely at your destination (the first one anyway!)

I'm always up for a good marinade so when you're home and recovered from your travels send it my way if you don't mind sharing.