Friday, February 18, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday...er...Friday

I know I know... it's supposed to be Hodgepodge Wednesday... but oh my goodness, where on earth did this week GO?  With a husband who has flown nights for three weeks in a row (translation: sleeps all day, flies all night, children haven't really seen him much... nor have I... urgh..), plus kids doctor visits, car repairs, carpools, plus the massive amounts of laundry and housecleaning and grocery store runs that NEVER SEEM TO END... I just can't believe it is already Friday.  And I am looking forward to a weekend away visiting the in-laws... yea!

Ok... so here are Wednesday's Hodgepodge questions... and random answers... just 'cuz they are fun!


1. Your favorite chocolate treat?

Can I just say anything and everything chocolate?  Especially if it has caramel with it... yummy!  Oh, and peanut butter too... yummm...

2. What more than anything else makes you feel loved?

Words!  Seriously... on the love languages scale, words were my number one!  (Poor Duane, it was last on his list... so he is always somewhat shocked when a passing comment makes me gush!  Keeping it real, babe...)  Anyway - I love genuine compliments, thoughtful gestures, handwritten notes... 

3. Cherries or blueberries?

Honestly, not super crazy about either.  But I do love me a giant blueberry muffin with streusel on top.  Really, anything with streusel.  I wonder how chocolate with streusel would taste...

4. What is the one trait you most want the leader of your country to possess?

A strong moral core - I don't get into the petty party politics, I just want the leaders of the country to believe strongly in their convictions and not be afraid to stand up for them.  I can't stand wishy-washy politics, say one thing, do another, cater to the lobbyists, put things in bills that simply DON'T BELONG THERE...  Blech.  

5. Are you a saver or a spender?

A spender.  Definitely.  'Nuff said.


6. If you gave a party for all of your friends would they already know each other?

A lot of them would - that whole 6 degrees of separation thing gets awfully close, especially in a small military community like ours.  Kinda fun.  Kinda scary too.  

7. Are you interested in antiques?

I am, in that I love things passed down through the family that have family history tied to them (like my great-grandfather's roll top desk that he used in his dr office, and the family rocking chair)  But if I had to actually go out antique shopping, I wouldn't know a Chesterfield from a Chippendale... those are famous furniture makers, right?  (I know those only from Martha Stewart)  I'm oddly envious of people who can go into a thrift store and say "Oh my goodness, this is an original bladeebla from the early 18th century that is worth approximately $50,000 and you are selling it to me for only $25 because it has a scratch on the side that I can surely buff away with special mineral spirits I have in my garage..)  yeah... I don't have that talent.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

yesterday I got an incredible lesson on being there... just being available whenever God has an assignment for you.  As I got to pray with a complete stranger who shared some major life traumas with me and I felt the urge to pray with him, and did.  And I have no idea who this guy was, if it made any difference at all, but God is good... and I'm still praying.  

1 comment:

Erika said...

I love you, Sally...sincerely...