Saturday, January 8, 2011

We need a resolution...

OK - do any of you remember a slightly cheesy song from the 80s entitled "We need a Revolution"? I can not for the life of me remember who sang it, except to say that it was a male.

There.

That narrows it down.

Anyway, I have been trying to mentally prepare myself for this next year... my hubby will be gone for half of it, and while I certainly don't envy him living in a tent with Christmas lights as his lighting, flying insanely long hours, and depending on Skype and care packages to keep him connected with us here at home... I'll admit that there are moments when I have both  hot flashes and cold sweats at the thought of dealing with a mood-swinging young teen, a stubbornly independent 9-year-old, and a never-stop-jumping Star Wars/Sharks/Pirates obsessed 6-year-old, surrounded by mountains of laundry that growl whenever I come near, dishes to be loaded into the dishwasher only to be emptied and loaded again, and bathrooms to be scrubbed (with the prerequisite "WHY can't the boys AIM STRAIGHT?" commentary going through my mind).

When the kids beg for a puppy to add to the mix I just break down in maniacal laughter.

And they are afraid. Very afraid.

But I digress.

"We need a Revolution"... I changed it to "We need a Resolution" simply because... I don't know. i was trying to think of something witty to say. And since we are into the second week of this year, I figured it was appropriate. 'Cuz I'm a follower like that.

So... a resolution. Hmmm... probably should have really thought about what I was going to publically resolve before I started typing.

*sounds of crickets chirping*

Ok. I've got nothing. Nada.  Zilch.

How about survival?  Does that count as a resolution?  Hmmm... Stay tuned.







2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Are you talking about the Beatles song, the one with the lyrics "You say you want a revolution, well you know we all want to change the world"? It's older than the 80s :) Good luck surviving, I think it's an admirable goal!

Unknown said...

Nope, not the Beatles song...it went something like "We need a revolution, a revolution of love" Definitely cheesy, but had a good beat... oh well... :-)