Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blank Pages

I am sitting here, staring at the computer.  Blank pages.  Blank Blank Blank.  I've got so many things going on right now, things I can't necessarily share about on a public blog, but I feel the need to write.  Something.  Anything.

But instead... it's blank.

Blankety Blankety Blank.

And I have to laugh, because at the bottom of the screen it just said "Auto Draft saved"  Auto Draft saved?  Of a blank document?

But then, maybe that's exactly the point.

God does that for us.  He says, no matter what you are going through at this very moment, at this time, this is what you are supposed to be experiencing.  Save it.  Acknowledge it.  Even if it's blank... let it be.  It doesn't have to be profound, just... BE.

Because right now, my heart is just sad.

So maybe the only thing to do, is to rest in the blanks.  Allow God's spirit to wash over me, to minister to my heart, and let Him fill in the blanks with His peace.

Psalm 27:3, 5, 14 "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident...For in the day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock...Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

May God fill in the blanks.

3 comments:

Erika Mehlhaff said...

Your blog is inspiring...maybe I should do a family one...hmmmm... gonna have to get Big Daughter in on the act, I think...

Ronalee said...

I read your HodgePodge (I was #45) and I continued reading in your blog.
I just wanted to say that I loved this post. Thank you for sharing. Your blank page was not such a bad thing.

Unknown said...

Thank you Ronalee...