Thursday, March 26, 2009

Richard, Pat, and Victoria's Visit


A close-up of Colin


Caleb!


Aunt Pat, soaking in the sun! (Or was that avoiding the children? Think I was too, on that day!)

Cousin Victoria also flew out to see us - what fun we all had together!
She even took home a genuine Florida sunburn!


A story behind this shirt: For those of you who don't know our family, Duane's Uncle Richard and Aunt Pat have joined the retired forces of living in their motor home as they travel across the United States, visiting family and friends as they go. So, when they came through P'Cola a few weeks ago, Clarissa was trying to understand the family connection... and Richard summed it up that "I'm your dad's uncle, but I still rule, because old guys rule"

So... a few days later I went to help in her classroom and her teacher commented "So, I hear you have family visiting that is almost like a grandpa, but he's not, but he still rules because old guys rule?" We all thought it was pretty funny that Clarissa had told her whole class that story!
So, I went online and found this shirt - it has an old guy sitting in front of his Winnebago with the caption: Old Guys Rule
Too appropriate!

Uncle Richard posing in his "Old Guys Rule" tshirt that we bought for him

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That T-shirt is too funny! Glad y'all are doing well! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, how big the kids have gotten! I guess I just expect other people to freeze just as they are when I don't see them for a while. Sigh. THey are all beautiful as always!