Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is it just me???

Maybe it's a sign that I've been a housewife too long...

or maybe I need to cut back on the coffee just a smidge...

but do you ever find yourself talking back to the TV commercials?

Or cursing toy manufacturers as you try to pick Polly Pocket pieces out of the vacuum cleaner canister?

I mean, seriously.

Allow me to set the scene for you. The other night I was watching TV and a commercial came on for the Special K chocolate cereal. This woman is baking chocolate brownies with her child, and just as she is about to swipe the inside of the bowl with her finger, it freezes and a voice comes over saying, essentially, "OH, you don't want to do THAT do you?" and she calmly goes and pours herself a bowl of Speical K chocolate cereal so she can indulge in chocolately goodness while not gaining a single ounce of unwanted fat on her Talbots-wearing-size-2 frame.

Me? I look at that and think, "So, she's going to dirty up another bowl that SHE has to clean, in addition to the brownie mess? And really, what kind of mom doesn't sacrifice herself to taste the sides of the bowl? Yes, sacrifice... as I explain to my children, Mommy HAS to taste it to be sure that if the eggs are bad and everyone will get food poisoning, Mommy will get it first and everyone will know to steer clear."

I'm just sayin'...

And WHO invented those Polly Pocket shoes, combs, and accessories that are no bigger than a staple and not only get EVERYWHERE (namely, my vacuum cleaner) but are also IMPOSSIBLE to get onto the actual Polly Pocket dolls themselves! Are we trying to teach my daughter that it's ok to have to squeeze into her jeans? Are we testing the full suction capabilities of my wonderful new vaccuum?

I mean, really!

I think I need to get out more...

2 comments:

Vicki Blake said...

I to think it is only our jobs to lick the brownie bowl and no commercial should deny us of the right! I love your posts you make me laugh.

Elizabeth Guidry said...

Hey Sally! Christy told me you had a blog, so I thought I would check it out.

Your kids are getting soo big! They are so cute too :)

I know what you mean about the Polly pocket pieces. Autumn is into Ponyville, so there are always small pieces EVERYWHERE!

Hope you guys are doing well.

-Liz