OK, so last week I posted about my latest find into stay-at-home-mom bliss... the discovery of Mr. Salty Chocolate covered pretzles, only 100 calories per package... I reiterate, bliss!
You know, as a full time mom, I do find joy in the antics of our kids, and I try to stimulate my intellect by listening to debates on NPR, heading up church committees, and running our squadron student spouses' club. All this to assure you that I'm not completely brain dead or devoid of other human contact.
That being said, when someone threatens the few escapes I have, I will fight to the death.
Case in point...
Caleb came home yesterday from his week-long trip to Utah. So this afternoon he was in the pantry and I heard him exclaim, "Oh wow! Mr. Salty Chocolate Covered Pretzles! Cool!" I immediately shouted, "STOP! You MUST read my blog before taking one more step!" To which he responded, with an evil grin, "Oh but I did..."
A fierce battle ensued... and if you have ever tackled a gangly 10-year-old boy, you will know that it did not bode well... elbows and knees flying, screams and cackles galore... truly hilarious. Oh yes, and my oh-so-loyal younger children following us through the house hitting their beloved mother with pillows... the same mother who spent upteen hours of labor with them... I tell you, where's the love? :-)
It all ended with me throwing the individual packets of yummy pretzely-chocolately-goodness on top of the refrigerator, and the last sacrificial one being burst open by the many hands who were grabbing for it, leaving us all in a shower of chocolate pretzels. Amidst the laughter, we all ended up with two pretzels each, and a fun memory as our summer comes to a close...
But next time, I won't let him get away so easy...
:-)
3 comments:
Too funny. I am glad you could laugh about such a serious thing. Hee Hee
Love it! You gotta get those memories "down on paper," so to speak, so that you never forget them. Someday he'll be 19 like my boy, and you'll love remembering the gangly 10 year old.
Okay, I read your comment on Fiddle Dee Dee and it was hilarious so I had to check out your blog and this chocolate covered pretzel post has just pushed you onto my favorite lists!!! I loved it! I home school and my poor kids are sitting behind me attempting to do math and keep asking me to quit laughing!
thanks
Post a Comment