This is a list, compiled with much love and laughter for Nate and Tricia - two wonderful people who have a beautiful baby girl, Gwyneth Rose - Here is a list, just for you, of things I pray you get to enjoy with your darling little girl. (FOr those of you who don't know who or what I'm talking about, please see www.cfhusband.blogspot.com amazing people, amazing faith, amazing love)
I pray that you:
- can hear your own mother's voice come out of you and laugh, knowing that indeed life does come full circle
- can memorize the feel of a chubby toddler hand in yours
- treasure the "self portraits" they make of themselves and you (do I really have such a big nose?)
- can truly call yourself blessed when you find yourself in a movie theatre with three children watching the latest Disney cartoon movie while your spouse is in Las Vegas for the weekend!
- realize that it is OK to give your children cereal for dinner
- know that yes, you can still make love, even with a 2-year-old outside your locked door saying, "Mama, I want Baby Einstein!"
- experience tears in your eyes the first time your little one sings in church, or in school, or in the car, or...
- hearing the genuine prayers of your little one "Dank you God for Mommy, Daddy, Elmo, Amen"
- (this is for Nate) more of a tip than anything, but there is NO better turn-on in the world than a surprise date, completely arranged by you, even arranging the babysitter on your own! (A limosine and roses are an added bonus!)
I could blog on this forever... just treasure each moment (I know you do) and count every blessing...
No comments:
Post a Comment